What are cookies?
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, KOBETRON) are called “first party cookies”. Only the website owner can access the first party cookies it sets. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g., like advertising, interactive content, and social sharing). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your device both when it visits the website in question and when it visits other websites that have partnered with them.
We use first party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons that are strictly necessary for our website to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to provide Website functionality, or to enhance visitors’ experience on our website by providing them with personalised content and advertising. This is described in more detail below.
Cookies may fall into multiple categories. The following may be served through our website and the purposes they perform are:
Types of Cookies
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our website through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
What about other tracking technologies, like web beacons?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our website or opened an e-mail that we have sent them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our website to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our website from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of e-mail marketing campaigns. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will often impair their functioning.
How can you control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
How often will we update this Cookie Notice?
The date at the top of this Cookie Notice indicates when it was last updated.